Thursday, October 05, 2006

Nobody Knows
I am a large person, and have been for most of my life. I worked hard to lose some of myself but have been at a standstill for some time now. When I talk about myself and my size with my nieces and nephews and various other small children I like to joke about how squishy I am or how fun it is to poke my "blub" as I lovingly refer to my side fat. They laugh hysterically and so do I as they continue to see if they can hide their whole fingers in my squishyness. I have been reprimanded more than once for referring to myself as fat or for calling my side fat by a nick name. I don't see why this should be an issue as long as I am ok with it all. Now I am not ok with weighing too much and will continue with my attempts to shrink my size but, in the meantime lets all just be ok with whatever name we should so choose for our bodies. Its all mine, I might as well enjoy the good parts ...like making the kids giggle.

5 comments:

Kirsty said...

ok squishy. I love you!

Kirsty said...

So help me, if my kids walk up to someone other than you and say "can I see how far I can bury my fingers in your blub?" You are going to get it.

Rocky said...

You are a little Beany if I do say so myself. You are welcome for the post, I am REALLY, REALLY, happy to be back thanks to the Beans for financing my new computer, I am once again one of the cool kids.

LLPH said...

you're one of my heros. I love you very much.

Rocky said...

A hero?...Yeah, thats what I was shooting for! LOL....thank you Cheryl, I love you too!