Monday, December 08, 2008

Tree Trimming


Last night, Megan and I set up our little white Christmas tree while we watched the cartoon version of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. We hung our stockings and reminisced over where we got the ornaments as we hung them. There is something so comforting in the tradition. A tangible tie to all the Christmases that have past.
It's also a hard time because of the divorce, we always find ornaments that remind us of the separation from the Christmases that have past. This year we didn't sort through the ones from many years gone by just they ones from our past here in Texas.
We enjoyed each other, admired our tree, and yelled at the cat so that she would stay off our tree. It was a nice night.

Thank you, God.

5 comments:

Carlee said...

Merry Christmas, my sister! It seems to me that there is usually something both comforting and haunting about long - held traditions. I love you guys!

Leslie said...

Lovely. I especially like the part about yelling at the cat. I wish you a beautiful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Rocky! I wish I could have a nice tradition to cherish with you my only family nearby.I pray to The Lord for the people that hurt me last Chiristmas. Lety Erfurt.

Anonymous said...

AWWWW how sweet........I knew Meggie liked u.........LOLOLOL

Mandi said...

OK checking to see if iut work!!! oh and merry christmas